The court has expressed caution on six grounds while appointing housemaids in homes.
The directions came from the judge of Dhaka speedy trial tribunal-1 while delivering verdict of former Eden Mohila College principal Mahfuza Chowdhury Parvin murder case on Sunday.
The six point directions are-
1. The activities of a housemaid should be strictly monitored for 90 days from the first day of appointment, so that she cannot steal anything from the house. If she commits any unjust work then nearby police station or social service officer should be informed by not beating her.
2. To appoint housemaid detail information should be kept. The bio-data and photograph of the housemaid should be collected and those should be deposited to the concerned police station.
3. Close Circuit Cameras should be installed in the house if there is not.
4. If a housemaid provided job to another then her personal details should be submitted in the concerned police station.
5. All the housemaid providing agencies have to obtain licenses and it should be informed to the police station.
6. Housemaid providing agencies have to deposit photographs and bio-data of all the registered housemaids to the police station.