logo
  • Dhaka Thu, 25 FEBRUARY 2021,

4 of a family die from fire caused by torn electric wire

Rtv news
|  23 Jan 2021, 09:46
4 of a family die from fire caused by torn electric wire
Photo: Collected
Four members of a family died from fire caused by the torn electric wire at Rupganj upazila in Narayanganj.

The accident occurred at around 8:45 pm on Friday at Kumartek village under sector 11 of Purbachal as two 11 thousand volt torn electric wires of DESCO and PBS-2 fell on the roof of a house.

The deceased were identified as house owner Masum Mia, his wife Sima and their two handicapped children.

Uddipan Bhakta, station officer of Purbachal multipurpose fire service station said, the fire originated as torn electric wire of DESCO fell on the 11 thousand volt wire of Palli Bidyut Samity at Kumartek area in the night. The house under the fallen wires at once caught fire. At that time the family members were in the house. Owner Masum Mia and his two children died on the spot. After getting the news three units of Purbachal fire service rushed to the spot and doused the fire. At that time Masum’s wife Sima was rescued with critical burn injuries but she died on the way to hospital.

AH       

youtube
  • Latest
  • Favourite